Monday, January 8, 2007

A "wild" salad

I got this one from Karen Rakestraw....and I make vats of it on a very regular basis!!

Cook (Lundberg is my favorite brand) wild rice as directed on package....however many servings you need. Usually takes about 45-50 minutes, so prepare early.

PHOTO: The WILD women in Vigeland's Park, Oslo, Norway.
Saute: whatever your favorite veggies are. My faves are broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms. Drizzle some balsamic vinaigrette dressing over the top while sauteing, a little white wine can also be added.
If you like tomatoes, toss in a few grape tomatoes at the end, cover, and let them steam on top of the other veggies...adds a nice zest to the combination.

On a plate, tear fresh spinach leaves. Drizzle with more balsamic if you like. Top with warm rice and sauted veggies.

Garnish with nuts and grated parmesan.

Sometimes I will add chicken sausage, sauted tofu or salmon to the mix.

Yum, my mouth is watering...hope you like it. Other than the rice, its a quick and easy meal!!

2 comments:

bnsweimer@gmail said...

I've shared this with Julie a couple of times and it is delicious. She added chicken as I'm not much of a fish or shrimp fan.The company added to the flavor.

Anonymous said...

dining with the weimers at their estate is indescribable. it involves a quiet elegance with a variety of quality dishes. the platings are unique, the atmosphere relaxed. my wife and i give it two thumbs up!!

j& v lee