
1 lb. hamburger
1 onion, diced
1 small green pepper, diced
2 cans kidney beans
1 can tomatoes, diced
Salt/pepper
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 can tomato sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Brown hamburger, onion, and green pepper. Drain. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for up to 1/2 hour to allow seasonings to be absorbed. Serve in bowls and sprinkle each with cheese.
You can omit hamburger and add more beans (any kind). I use juice and all. Other seasoning can be added to spice it up as green chilies, cumin, or cayenne. I season to taste preference.
This serves 5-6 and is a sure favorite.
1 onion, diced
1 small green pepper, diced
2 cans kidney beans
1 can tomatoes, diced
Salt/pepper
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 can tomato sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Brown hamburger, onion, and green pepper. Drain. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for up to 1/2 hour to allow seasonings to be absorbed. Serve in bowls and sprinkle each with cheese.
You can omit hamburger and add more beans (any kind). I use juice and all. Other seasoning can be added to spice it up as green chilies, cumin, or cayenne. I season to taste preference.
This serves 5-6 and is a sure favorite.
1 comment:
Make sure you have a can-opener when you make the chili. Otherwise, it's operation "use anything in your kitchen to get these damn beans open!" But, certainly worth the 30 minute surgery on the bean cans. UGH...
Post a Comment